We offer several distinct programs, tailored to meet our swimmers’ varying ages, abilities, and goals in swimming. The programs are described in detail below. Please consult with our Registrar or Head Coach to determine which program would best suit you.
Programs - Ages 6+
Development Program (Bronze, Silver, Gold)
Swimmers will advance through levels based on skills outlined below.
This group is for those who are just getting into swimming. The program focuses on introducing swimmers to the four basic competitive strokes, diving and building good technique. Swimmers will attend two practices per week.
- Able to complete two lengths of Freestyle and one length of Backstroke
- Basic understanding of Breaststroke and Dolphin kick
- Comfortable diving in deep end from pool deck
Swimmers will attend a minimum of two practices and a maximum of three per week.
- Know proper arm and leg technique for each stroke
- Can follow simple practices written on board
- Know flip turns and two hand touch turns
Swimmers will attend a minimum of three practices and a maximum of four per week.
- Legal 200 Free
- Legal 200 IM
- Know proper turns, Including IM turns
- Dive starts and pull outs
- Know clock and can leave on ten second interval
This group is for those swimmers who are able to perform the all of the skills outlined in the Development Program and are able to commit to a full competitive training program.
Swimmers will commit to a minimum of three practices a week up to a maximum of five.
- Focus on achieving Tier II times or have Tier II times
- Increase volume and intensity of training (aim to attend training 5 times a week - this will help you gain the ability to perform at this level)
- Dryland and Nutrition
- Focus on achieving Tier I times in at least two events
- Increase training volume and intensity (aim to attend training 5 times a week - this will help you gain the ability to perform at this level)
- Refining stroke technique, starts and turns
- LMR achieved
- Swim 800Fr and 400 IM
- Refining technique for starts, strokes and turns.
Cardio Edge - Ages 12+
This group is for swimmers who are unable to commit to a full competitive swimming schedule but want to continue swimming for fitness, as part of a triathlon training program, or for injury rehabilitation. Swimmers are able to perform all of the skills outlined in the Gold Program. Currently, two practices are available to these swimmers.
For adult swimmers looking to improve their strokes and build fitness. Each session will include some technique work as well as sets focusing on building speed and endurance. Currently, two practices are available to Masters swimmers.
Swimmers can attend one or two practices per week.