We offer several distinct programs, tailored to meet our swimmers’ varying ages, abilities, and goals in swimming. The programs are described in detail below. Please consult with our Registrar or Head Coach to determine which program would best suit you.
"SPRING" 2020 Program has been CANCELLED due to COVID-19
Online Registration has been terminated
2020 Fall Session Dates: TBD
[Fall Session Statutory Holidays--No Training Sessions: TBD]
Programs - Ages 7 and above (as of December 31, 2020)
Development Program (Bronze, Silver, Gold) Swimmers will advance through levels based on skills outlined below.
Bronze (FALL 2020 SESSION--TBD)
This group is for those who are just getting into swimming. The program focuses on introducing swimmers to the four basic competitive strokes, diving and building good technique. Swimmers will attend two practices per week.
- Able to swim a minimum of 25 meters without stopping.
Times: Mon & Fri 3:30 - 4:30pm
Silver (Fall 2020 SESSION--TBD)
Swimmers will attend a minimum of two practices and a maximum of three per week.
- Know proper arm and leg technique for each stroke
- Can follow simple practices written on board
- Know flip turns and two hand touch turns
Times: Mon & Fri 3:30 - 4:45pm
Gold (FALL 2020 SESSION--TBD)
Swimmers will attend a minimum of three practices and a maximum of four per week.
- Legal 200 Free
- Legal 200 IM
- Know proper turns, Including IM turns
- Dive starts and pull outs
- Know clock and can leave on ten second interval
Times: Mon & Fri 4:30 - 6:00pm, Wed AM 6:15 to 7:30am, Thurs 5:45 - 7:30pm
Platinum (FALL 2020 SESSION--TBD)
This group is for those swimmers who are able to perform the all of the skills outlined in the Development Program and are able to commit to a full competitive training program.
Swimmers will commit to a minimum of three practices a week up to a maximum of five. Internally, we categorize athletes into 3 sections--
- Focus on achieving Tier II times or have Tier II times
- Increase volume and intensity of training (aim to attend train at least 4 times a week - this will help you gain the ability to perform at this level)
- Learn and engage in dryland exercises and a develop a healthy nutrition lifestyle
- Focus on achieving Tier I times in at least two events
- Increase training volume and intensity (aim to attend training at least 5 times a week - this will help you gain the ability to perform at this level)
- Refining stroke technique, starts and turns
- LMR achieved
- Swim 800Fr and 400 IM
- Refining technique for starts, strokes and turns
- Setting goals for Provencial and National Time Standards
Times: Mon & Fri 4:30 - 6:30pm, Tues & Wed AM 6:15 to 7:45am, Thurs 5:45 - 7:30pm
Cardio Edge - Ages 12+ (FALL 2020 SESSION--TBD)
This group is for swimmers who are unable to commit to a full competitive swimming schedule but want to continue swimming for fitness, as part of a triathlon or mulit-sport training program or for injury rehabilitation. Swimmers MUST BE able to perform all of the skills outlined in the GOLD Program. Currently, two practices a week are available to these swimmers to select from (see GOLD practice schedule)--coach and swimmer will work together to determine a fixed schedule.
For choice of Times, please see the GOLD Program above.
Masters Program (FALL 2020 SESSION--TBD)
For adult swimmers looking to improve their strokes and build fitness. Each session will include some technique work as well as sets focusing on building speed and endurance. Currently, two practices are available to Masters swimmers.
Swimmers can attend one or two practices per week.
Times: Mon 6:00 - 7:00pm, Thurs 7:30 - 8:30pm
Not sure that the Whistler SeaWolves Swim Club is for you? Sometimes, the only way to know is to "GIVE-IT-A-GO"(TBD)
Typically during the first week of our Fall Session, we offer a a limited amount of spots in our "Give -It-A-Go" Program.
Your swimmer can attend 2 pratices for $xx.xx-- so that your child can see what being a part of the SeaWolves is all about and you can see if its a perfect fit. The trial week will consist of 2 one-hour practices that will incorporate swimming skills, games and a few fun races so that your swimmer will know what to expect when they become a member of the team.
Swimmers must be 7 or older as of December 31, 2020 and be able to swim 25 meters without stopping. It does not have to be graceful or fast.
Fall 2020 "Give-It-A-Go" Week Details [TBD]
- Dates - TBD
- Time - TBD on the Pool Deck at Meadow Park
If you can't make our "Give -It-A-Go" week, a conversation with our coach and a trial practice may be the best way to determine whether the Whistler SeaWolves is for you. You can email us at email@example.com to start a dialog.